FAQs about CEUs
As of 7/1/13, Social Workers are required to complete continuing education in order to renew their license.
- How many CEUs do I need?
- 45 CEUs are required
- When does my license expire?
- All Social Workers licenses expire on the same date: 6/30/19.
- I just got my license after July 1, 2016, do I need CEUs?
- No, a first time licensee is exempt from the CE requirement for the first license renewal.
- I took a training through work/school/etc., how do I know if it will count for my CEUs?
- CE trainings that are accepted by the DCCA for your license renewal are approved either by:
- NASW Hawai'i or any other NASW state/territory chapter
- NASW National office
- How long do I need to keep my training certificates?
- 7 years, the DCCA has the right to audit your Continuing Education
- Questions regarding the mandatory CE requirement should be directed to the Social Worker Licensing Program’s office at (808) 586-2704, between the hours of 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Please note that each licensee is responsible for maintaining their own CE records.